Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Sunday, January 5, 2014

January Jeans Club 2014 Results

I was hoping to merely not gain weight, but I was fortunate enough to lose! Okay, I only lost 1.75lb, but that's something new for me, to lose during the holidays. My starting weight as a January Jeans Club 2014 member was 143lb, and on January 2, I weighed in at 141.25lb. I kept hovering around 143lb for over a month, and finally dipped below 143lb on Christmas Day, and I have stayed below it ever since. Being a member really helped me avoid sabotaging my diet, and I am so grateful I started reading Marion's blog! So far in 2014, I've spent all but New Year's Day under 142lb, and my measurements are still decreasing, as they have consistently since at least the middle of December (I didn't keep track in November).

Right now, I am on track to reach my goal of 134lb in February. Frankly, I'm not getting overly hooked on the dates, as long as I keep shrinking. I still have three food challenges coming up:

Jan 11th          Saturday       My elder daughter's Birthday (18th)
Jan 23rd         Thursday      My younger daughter's Birthday
Feb 14-20th                           Trip to Paris

I don't foresee problems  at the two birthdays, but I'm going to break my diet at some point on my Paris trip.  Granted, we usually walk hours each day , so some of the extra food is burned off.  I'll try to be smart about it, i.e. not waste the extra calories on food that isn't worth it.

4 comments:

  1. I've only been a few times, but always enjoyed the tour of the Notre Dame and the Seine River Cruise. But that was many, many years ago before the Euro. I think breaking your diet in Paris is acceptable. I know I would :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try to be smart about it, but I don't know if/when I'd get to Paris again, so my usual ways to stick with the meal plan, "It'll be here next year" doesn't apply! I am looking forward to all the walking, I've been pretty lazy this winter. You're really doing great with P90X! I was looking into the P90X-3, which is a 30min version of it. I may invest in that this spring.

      Delete
  2. Trip to Paris - great to look forward to. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time and the way the weeks pass by so quickly the 14th February (Valentines Day) will soon be here. What a great time to go to Paris.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though in February we won't get to experience the full glory of Paris, I've been there before. I'm looking forward to the smaller crowds and speaking French again.

      Delete