Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, February 15, 2013

Flying away to Bruges/Brugge

I want to avoid gluten, but I will have dairy so I can enjoy chocolate and hot chocolate (I don't drink coffee).  I have a gluten free meal reserved on the plane.  I can have frites in Belgium, but I'm not sure about the beer.  If I can determine it's wheat free, but has some gluten, that might be OK.  I have Bobo's oat bars (apparently gluten-free) & Larabars (gluten-free) as snacks, and 8 boiled eggs packed.  We are taking a trip to the WWI Flanders battlefields on Sunday, and they are serving sandwiches at lunch, so I decided boiled eggs would be a good substitute.  I hope they serve eggs at the hotel for breakfast!  Waffles I can do without.  I will be getting loads of exercise, so I'm hoping to come back not having gained much, and maybe even a little smaller.  I know, unlikely, but I can sure try!  If anyone has suggestions for Brugge or Ghent, let me know! 

Thyroid tests were "normal", so since I don't have Hashimoto's, I am taking a low-dose iodine supplement (per Dr. Davis' Wheat Belly Blog), and drinking lemon balm tea before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment