Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Monday, January 14, 2013

MIA -- back in action hopefully!

I've spent most of December not doing well diet-wise, there are so many holiday/birthday events I didn't want to skip.  Anyway, only one more birthday to come in 9 days, and then clear sailing until our trip in mid-February. 

Exercise-wise I have been resisting doing P90X, because I've found that I really have to do it in an all-or-nothing way, and I just didn't want to invest the 1hr a day...  I am instead going to try to do kettlebell swings.  It's a whole-body workout that I can do in a small amount of time watching TV, so hopefully that will work for me.  I can always do P90X routines to supplement when I feel like it, but no pressure anymore.

Sad to say, my weight is 151.5 lb today.  I haven't been below 150 in a few weeks now.  This is higher than it was last year at this time!  This is what happens when motivation goes away.  I am going to do mostly Dukan with some Primal tossed in.  I do want to be able to eat fruit once in a while, I am especially missing apples!  I don't think I've had one in almost a year.  Better to have an apple than some of the other stuff I've been eating...

Today is a PP day, but I did have 2 sausages w/my scrambled eggs this morning, to slowly edge me back to sugar/crap-free eating. 

3 comments:

  1. SUPER, SUPER Psyched to have you back!!! I think the burnout was pretty widespread in my blogging circle and so for better or worse, you are in good company! I love reading how you are doing and hope you will continue posting. It might be time to transition to a new way and this interim time might be like your butterfly coccoon, a time to rest and gather and change so you emerge with a different outlook and being on your journey to health and wellness.
    Holidays are a bitch sometimes. I too am back where I was a year ago which feels frustrating, but then I remember that at one time I was 25-30 lbs more than I am now, so it isn't as bad as it could be.
    Again, happy to see you posting again.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm not alone! I just turned the big 50, and a few weeks ago heard an woman interviewed saying that as women age, the amount of food required for weight maintenance gets smaller and smaller. This is not good news for me! Anyway, thank you for reading my posts, it inspires me to post regularly again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've back sliden with my weight too :-( holidays!!!! I'm back on track though. How many kg (pounds) to your ultimate goal?

    ReplyDelete