Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, December 20, 2013

Office Christmas party navigated

OK, so I tried on the other pants, and unfortunately these pinstriped ones are a little larger than the other three pairs, so it's not as big of a delight, but I'm going to just be happy about it anyway.  I will change the date of my reached goal when I fit into the smaller pairs.

Last night was the office Christmas party, held at a well-known hotel.  I don't want to mention the name, as I was very disappointed in the food.  Everything seemed to be smothered in sauce or cheese.  No carving station!  Come on!  There were a number of people who were unable to find something they wanted.  The Kosher station had some beef cubes and some chicken satay, the Southern station had what appeared to be short rib squares, and the Italian station had some grilled veggies, so that's what I had.  No dessert.  I also did not drink any alcohol.  One glass of free wine leads to two glasses of free wine etc. etc.  I didn't need the extra calories.  However, since I wasn't drinking and the food was not exciting, I didn't stay as long as I usually do, and went home early.  I didn't even dance, so I didn't burn any extra calories.  I did walk 15min to the venue from the office, and then again 10min to the subway.

The scale barely registered 143.25lb this morning. Why can't it go down faster?  I'm sure there was a lot of sodium in last night's food, and I was feeling puffy last night, so who knows what else was hiding in the food.  I'm being extra careful today.  Hopefully this weekend there will be more movement.

Remaining food challenges:  

Dec 22nd Sunday -- Christmas dinner (early) w/family friends
Dec 23rd Monday -- My mom's birthday
Dec 24th Tuesday -- Christmas dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment