Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Still moving downward, lost 13.5lb since Christmas

I've now gotten below my red line of 140 for the fourth day in a row.  My vacation in February derailed me significantly, and I've had several plateaus.  Participating in the two DietBet Transformers has helped me a lot this time.  I haven't reached my goals in rounds 2, 3 or 4, but I was always off by only one pound, more or less.  In fact, today I made yesterday's goal!  Unfortunately, if you don't make the monthly goal, you don't get the payout.  I hate losing money, which has kept me going. My goal weight for both Transformers is 137.2lb, so this round I have 14 days to make that for the first DietBet, and 30 days for the second DietBet.  That's only 1.3lbs I still have to lose!  That seems doable.

I did increase my exercise this spring.  I did a squat and pushup challenge in March, then did a curtsey lunge and another pushup challenge in April.  This month the challenge is leg lifts, and tricep exercises.  I feel like the extra pound or two of muscle probably caused me to lose my DietBets, but I'm getting smaller, so that's my consolation prize.  I'm also back to long walks after work, now that the weather is so nice.

I've been eating Primal most of the time, except for the trip to Scotland (haggis is delicious!), and when I went to visit my daughter at her college last weekend.  I didn't eat wheat, but I did eat a lot of gluten-free cookies, ice cream and candy, and ended up with a hangover last Sunday from all the carbs!  Since I only had one beer, I know it wasn't from too much alcohol.  I still have my Dukan galette most days, so I'm wheat-free, not gluten-free.  It seems to work for me.  Not having the beer (barley only, no wheat) really messes my digestion up, so I'm sticking with having one beer 2x a week.

I've been more mindful of not eating too late into the evening, which I think helped me break out of my latest plateau.  Yesterday I didn't eat until 1:30pm, so I guess that was intermittent fasting (15hrs of no food).  I was trying to make my goal weight, but it wasn't going to happen.  Today I'm going to a friend's for dinner.  She is serving steak & baked potatoes.  I'm having no carbs the rest of the day to minimize the damage.  I have some goat butter that I can put on the potatoes, so I don't have to eat margarine (ew) or have regular butter and suffer with the allergic reaction for the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment