Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, December 30, 2011

Dukan Diet and P90X RESTART!

I am starting Dukan again! Here is the information from my latest Dukan website visit:

Starting weight: 147.5lb (yesterday morning)
Goal weight: 135lb (they suggested 134lb)

Attack (yesterday and today): 2 days
Cruise (New Year's eve-February 09): 40 days
Consolidation (February 10-April 6): 57 days
Stabilization (April 8-forever!)

OK, upcoming problems are 2 birthdays in January, and a week-long trip to Barcelona the week after Consolidation begins.  I am hoping that the P90X will help me get to consolidation faster, so I'll have more time to consolidate before we leave. 

I am also commited to doing at least 2 PP days a week.  I was doing only one PP day when I started Dukan this past spring, and although I lost 18lb (put on 7 this fall/holiday season), I think I could have progressed faster. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, may i ask how it is going dukan diet with P90X? I have concerns about this combination. I know P90X is a very difficult fitness program that i've done before, but i didn't try dukan together with it?There is few carb in dukan so is it ok with P90X? how is your energy levels during the workouts?
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have carrots on the day I do a P90X workout. I've been having a cup of yogurt as my post-workout snack. My energy level probably isn't as good as when I did the P90X diet, but I really wanted to go on a low-carb diet with very strict rules, and the P90X diet was still letting me eat foods that don't work well for me, and I think I was eating too many calories (snacks & protein bar & post-workout snack). I've been taking it easy with P90X, skipping YogaX and sometimes only getting the 3 weightlifting routines and Plyo in, and none of the recovery workouts. Once I get to the stabilization phase, I may try to do the P90X diet with Dukan-friendly foods, and go all-out on P90X again.

    ReplyDelete