Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dukan/Primal Fall -- I mean Winter 2013

Well, several weeks have gone by, and my weight hasn't gone down any -- I was 143.5lb October 15, and I'm 143lb today.  I've gone and come back down a few times, thanks to two additional college trips, and just came back from the last one to the Boston area on Saturday.  I really fell off the wagon on Friday, Saturday & Sunday, and I sure did pay for it on Monday!  I felt so sick I actually had to "empty" my stomach at the office, and couldn't eat for the rest of the day.  That's what popcorn and milk duds (Friday), various dairy & chocolate (Saturday), 3x ice cream bar, French onion soup, hamburger, fries & a Guinness (Sunday) will do to you.  Almost like my system was so sluggish, I just couldn't add anything else into the pipeline until things had moved further along.  Tuesday I ate very lightly:  scrambled eggs, yogurt.  I had hot water & honey and various kinds of tea on Monday & Tuesday.  Yesterday I ate more normally and had my medicinal Belgian ale, but haven't had my sausage yet for breakfast.  Today's lunch at work was our free annual turkey lunch.  I had turkey w/cranberry sauce, root vegetables and broccoli, and lots of beets.  Too much food!  I'm not used to having a big lunch anymore.

In addition to the improvements to my house I want to work on this weekend, I want to start working up to pullups again.  I'm going to start the first of the five stages -- see this video for more info (thanks to Marc for posting this!)  I think I'm going to alternate chinups and close-grip pullups (alternate days, not alternate sets), because I've been able to do close-grip pullups as well as chinups in the past (never more than 2 in a row).

My goal is to get under 140 in 3 weeks.  And coming up is Thanksgiving, and my birthday the day after.  I am not going to have my usual Carvel ice cream cake this year.  I'll have a gluten-free or primal brownie.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Veerukka! In just a few minutes from now I am going out to my garage and making the horizontal ladder monkey bars for a fraction of the cost of the playground variety. How?...by using one side of a sliding aluminum ladder mounted between the 2X4's in the ceiling. Using this "playground" equipment will strengthen my arms and back muscles to be able to do more pull-ups (hopefully)! Good luck with yours and all the best!

    ReplyDelete