Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dukan Diet -- thoughts on the first three weeks

I'm very happy with my progress so far, 10lb lost.  I've gone down from a size 8 to a size 6.  I'm sure the exercise I've been doing has helped it along too.  Yes, I've had to modify the diet a bit, to make sure I get some carbs right before/after a workout, but it's been carrots and beets, no fruit or grains. I've also had only one PP day a week so far, on my workout rest day.  Maybe next week which is a low-energy workout week I'll do 2 PP days.

I really feel great, a grain-free diet works for me, but it's hard to keep up on a permanent basis.  Even though I avoid wheat most of the time, I still like spelt or 100% rye bread and other products, and I'm looking forward to having them when the Consolidation phase starts (probably in late April-early May).  

I'm going to have to buy a new sports bra, I think the 32E will fit shortly.  Lucky I have a bunch of bras that were too small before, so I have something to wear as the mainstays from my size 8 days get too big.  And I don't have to spend any money, just dive into a drawer!  My measurements have gone from 32 to 30.5 underbust, and 39 to 37 bust, so I'm going from a large 32DDD/32E to a small 32DD-32DDD/32E.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Veerukka,

    I started reading some of your earlier posts (I'm still in the Attack phase, so I like to read advice on what other people did during that time), and was curious about your thoughts about combining the Dukan diet with the P90X. Do you think your weight loss would have been significantly less, had you not exercised as much? (I'm asking because I'm not exercising at all right now...) :)

    ReplyDelete