Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, February 24, 2012

Dukan Diet (not) -- Barcelona vacation

I had a great time in Barcelona.  I didn't even try to make it Dukan-friendly.  Here are the meals I remember:

Friday:

I ate chicken w/rice, then had a gluten-free chicken meal on the plane. I've found that staying gluten-free on the day of the flight means less tummy problems on the plane.

Saturday:

Fruit before we landed.  For breakfast, I had an absolutely fantastic gluten-free sandwich w/manchego cheese & tomatoes.  I would never have known the bread was gluten-free, it was fluffy and soft.   Lunch, I don't remember, I was tired, and dinner was tapas.  The cheese was manchego, and also had cured ham.  Bread wasn't gluten-free.  I had red wine, as I did at all dinners on my trip.  Dessert was gelato, and a wine night-cap w/my mom  and cousin at the hotel.

Sunday:

Breakfast was a croissant w/orange marmelade (as it was the rest of the trip).  We had lunch at La Bella Napoli.  I had a fantastic Risotto, and the girls had some great pizzas.  For dinner, don't remember, it was OK.  The place smelled of shrimp and lobster, and as I am allergic, it was unpleasant.  More wine and gelato for dessert again.

Monday:

Lunch was at a unfortunate restaurant where the service was slow and the food was mediocre.  My risotto seemed to be the best of all the meals, everything else was salty.  Dinner, however was fantastic.  We ate at Murivecchi (Carrer de la Princesa 59).  I had yet another risotto, this time with squash. It was delicious.  Wine, and gelato.

Tuesday:

Lunch was a gluten-free sandwich w/cured ham, and french fries.  The fries were great, the sandwich was greasy and the bread wasn't that inspiring.  It was recommended, but maybe it's just that we didn't like that kind of food, or the gluten-free bread wasn't as good as the regular one would have been. Dinner was at another fantastic Italian restaurant, Made In Italy (Carrer Ample 50).  I had chestnut pasta with pesto.  Yummy.  The best dish though was my daughter's  stuffed pasta  (looked like little drawstring purses) pear & goat cheese in a gorgonzola sauce.

Wednesday:

Lunch was junk at the zoo.  I had french fries and I forget what.  Dinner was another Italian restaurant, I had ravioli w/pumpkin in a cream sauce.

Thursday:

I went back to a gluten-free diet.  I had some granola bars and larabars, and had 2 gluten free meals on the plane.  One was chicken w/potato balls and veggies, the second was tilapia w/rice & wild rice and veggies.  Dinner at home was salad w/mexican fajita steak and rice & beans. 

I kept almonds in my bag, so I snacked on that during the trip.  I also had a few of the granola bars and larabars so I wouldn't buy candy or soda.  I had 2-3 cokes during the trip. I did have plenty of chocolate and hot chocolate, some marzipan, two desserts at a cafe, and twice had fantastic brownies.

The damage:  I weighed 146 this morning on Friday, so I put on 2-3lb of air.  I did a ton of walking, and I fit into my office pants, so I'm hoping I only gained a few lbs of fat, and some muscle.  My travel pants did get a bit tighter, but I didn't get uncomfortable until the last two days, and I wasn't feeling uncomfortable because the pants were too tight, just embarrassed from the mini muffin-top I was getting when I sat down, mostly thanks to the air from puffing up.  Time to get back to Dukan and get rid of the extra pounds!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic trip! I love Barcelona - so much to see. The fountains are beautiful, especially at night when they light them up. Hope restarting Dukan goes well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, on the off-season, the main fountain only runs and is lit on Fri-Sat, so we missed it. It sure looked pretty in the travel books though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat gluten free on planes, too... the downside is sometimes that means sugar filled yogurt with a banana on the side... LOL.
    On my flight earlier this month from Miami back to Shanghai I packed my own food. Not "good" food, mind you, but Dukan friendly for the most part... 2 bags of pork skins (LOL) and some low fat cheddar and beef jerky. All of them were 0 carbs and less than 5g fat per serving.
    Sounds like you had a fab holiday!!! You'll do fine jumping back on Dukan!

    p.s. I hate that blogspot is blocking wordpress bloggers from posting comments, by forcing us to comment as our Google Account :( No one can track back to other people's blogs that way.

    ReplyDelete