Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Patience with the scale after falling off the wagon

Day 12-16 & 4-8
Goal: DBI: 143lb in 2 weeks, DBII 139.75 in 3 weeks (134lb ultimate goal)
Start weight: 149lb
Weight : 146.5lb (66.45kg, 10.46st)
Gain:  Went down to 144.25lb, then up to 148lb Sunday morning, now down to 146.5lb
Steps: 11,425 (F), 3,094 (S), 6,133 (S), 13,520 (M), 9,212 (T)

Well, I blew it on Saturday evening. I went to a party, and after having one Belgian Ale, and then proceeded to enjoy (stuff myself) with 1.5 soft pretzels, a red velvet mini-cupcake, 1/2 a slice of cheesecake, some flan, a small portion baked ziti, and another 2-3 bottles of Leffe.  Er...  I was up 3.75lb the next morning!  I've now lost 1.5lb in the three days since then, but I know some more will come off in the next few days.

Patience is frequently required after overindulging in carbs when you're on a low-carb diet, because all those additional carbs also bring with them extra water weight and bloating!  Because of my dairy allergy, my digestive system slows to a crawl, and it takes me about a week before I can really see what the realistic damage is.  I've also been exercising a lot more because of my DietBets than I would have before, and immediately got back to eating properly the next day.  I've had long walks (2+ miles) almost every day since then, Monday my three walks totaled over 6 miles!  I also sneaked in a bunch of squats on Saturday night and Sunday, hoping to direct some of those extra carbs into my muscles instead of my liver where they're turned into fat. 

I have only two weeks to lose 3.5lb on DietBet I, which is doable, but for my second one, I now weight .75 more than when I started!  I have three weeks to lose 6.6lb, a real challenge.  I'm starting a third DietBet tomorrow.  I could have weighed in Monday or Tuesday, but I'd rather be forced to push myself by weighing in as light as possible, since it's still artifically high right now.  Luckily, they give you 2 days to weigh out of each DietBet, so you can try to make your goal weight on Day 29, if you're still short on Day 28.

2 comments:

  1. I've always worked better under pressure and deadlines (and when money is on the line)...maybe you're like that too! (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely competitive and hate to lose! I don't think I'll get as much money as you did from your successful weight loss bet, but anything in addition to the lost weight will be great. Also, walking is my favorite exercise, as here in NYC it's easy and free. Looking forward to seeing your after picture soon!

    ReplyDelete