Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, May 25, 2012

What does a 30F bra size look like?

I've realized that there is some confusion as to what this really looks like, so I decided to post my first picture!  Below, I am wearing a size S shirt, so it's not too tight.  I think this is a good shot for demonstrating that a 30F bra size is NOT GINORMOUS!  At this weight, I believe I used to wear a 34B-C before, but the band was riding up, I was getting quadraboob at the top of the cups, the wire was not enclosing enough of my breast tissue on the sides, I was adjusting all the time, etc. 


This bra lets me forget that I'm wearing one.  I never adjust anything, everything stays put (it's a Panache Cleo Eleanor size 30F).

Here are two links to GOOD bra size calculators -- notice they don't ask you to add inches. 

This one you can adjust the band/cup sizes, so you can see what the "sister" sizes are

This one doesn't show sister sizes, but it's also a good one

Sophisticated Pair also has a good explanation of measuring and sizing and some good before/after photos

So, an A cup would be a 1-inch difference between the actual underbust and the bust measurement.  If you have any kind of cleavage you are not an A!  My younger DD has in the past worn a 34A, but today she is wearing a 30D, and she could probably wear a 28DD/E, but she doesn't need the extra support, so she can get away with it.  She is 5'3.5", and very petite!

Please visit the above links, and reply with what you are wearing right now, and what the calculators say you should be wearing.  Have fun and don't freak out!  Ebay has lots of options for $20 for bras that usually go for $50-$100.

For those of you in Australia/New Zealand, I've heard on a Ravelry (knitting) forum that bras there are terribly expensive.  Most of your compatriots try on stuff at a store so they can get the size right, then order from the UK, it's actually cheaper.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking to our calculator! I'm so glad you found it accurate. We plan on doing some improvements to our fit section in the next few weeks, which will have even more great information on finding the perfect size and bra for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion on links. Petite women who are "gifted" stuggle to find the right bras. We agree, what is with the "adding inches"? One of my daughter's is the same size as you. We appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wearing a 34D, but the band is never tight enough, and the cups always ride up. The Sophisticated Pair calculator says i should be a 26F, and the others i have tried all say in the DD-F range with different band sizes. Wow, gotta find a store near me with those sizes, would be nice to have a bra that fits for once instead of settling for what is readily available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany at the Thin and Curvy blog (http://www.thinandcurvy.com/) has some information for 26 bands. Some women buy 28 bands and make them smaller. I think she has more blogs posted that might be of interest. Most of us do order online, unless we are lucky enough to live near good bra stores, or can visit cities that have some bra stores. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. I am a 30F according to the calculator! I wear 32B or 34C and they never fit right lol now I know why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found out your correct size. An "F" cup sounds so much larger than it actually is!

      Delete
  5. Right now I'm wearing a 34B but have discovered that I should be wearing 30F. I just ordered my first two Ebay bras! Definitely nervous about that but hopefully they fit well.

    ReplyDelete