Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Last day of DietBet II

Days left: 1 & 9 & 24
Goal DBII 139.75lb, DBIII 140.25lb, DBIV 137.00lb (134lb ultimate goal)
Start weight: 149lb
Weight: 141.25lb (64.07kg, 10.09st)
Loss: 1.00lb (0.45kg, 0.07st)
Steps: 9,819

Average weight this past week: 142.79lb
Average weight the week before: 144.79lb

Milestones: lost 50% of the weight that I have to lose to reach my goal; BMI under 22.5

Daily goals:

Pushups: none
Squats: none
Ab exercises: several
Walks:  before work: .5mi; lunch: .7mi; after work: 2.5mi
Medical exercise: 4 reps
No sweets: yes
No grains: yes
No cow dairy: yes

Today's food:

Scrambled eggs
Bacon (2 slices)
Dukan oat bran galette
Goat yogurt
More goat yogurt
Hamburger w/salsa
Fried plantains (3 slices)
Goat yogurt

Only 1.5lb left to lose by tomorrow or Wednesday morning. Another PP day today (mostly).  I was waffling between having 2 slices of bacon, and a ham omelet, but fortunately I went with the bacon.  Turns out the ham would have been several hundred calories more, and the sodium level would have been 3-4x as high.  Wow, I had no idea!  I have to make sure I have a low sodium dinner to help flush out the extra fluid I am retaining.  I may have a hamburger with salsa this evening, which would break my PP day, but it would be lower sodium.  That's better than having ketchup or bbq sauce, as the carbs are negligible.  My daughter made fried plantains, I had 3.  I calculated how many carbs I've had today, they are still under 50

For me, low and no-carbing definitely works for short-term weight loss.  It seems easier for me to stick to the low/no-carbing when it has a label such as "Dukan Diet".  Maybe because it has instructions and food lists I can follow, as opposed to figure it out yourself.  Now I'll just have to get better at maintaining. 

My cousin and I have agreed to get a cheap scale to have at our country house.  Usually we both pack on pounds there, as there isn't a lot of exercise opportunities.  If it's very warm, we go swimming frequently during the day in the lake that is down the path, but if it's cold, it's only a dip in the morning and several short swims/dips while we use the sauna, usually every other day.  Now that I think about it, that short dip in chilly water helps rev up the metabolism, so I'll try to stay in the water longer each morning.  Having the scale will also give us some feedback as to how far off track we are.  It'll be easier to say no to seconds if I've seen a scary number on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment