Pages

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Frustrations with the scale

Yes, sometimes the number on the scale is not going down, and it can get really frustrating.  SO STOP LOOKING!  If you haven't exercised that much before, you will be gaining muscle as you are in your first few weeks/months in your new regimen.  The best way to determine what is going on is to try on clothes instead.  Do you have some pants that were too tight?  Try them on once a week, and they will tell you a lot more than a scale will.  My DD had a pair that could only be buttoned lying down two weeks ago.  Last week, she was able to button them standing up, and finally felt she could see some results.  And this week?  Buttoned more easily, and she could now really see a difference, and was able to believe that her hard work was paying off. 

I still get on the scale every day, even though it might not be giving me good news, because I want to nip problems in the bud.  I just have to whip out the tape measure regularly to reassure myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment